Here's some tips on how to provide exceptional service for your clients while dealing with the restrictions and new rules imposed by social and physical distancing guidelines due to COVID-19:
Getting Your Account Back Online:
1. Make sure you're set to OFFLINE in the top right hand corner while you're making changes and consider adding a tag to let people know when you're planning on opening under Settings > App Settings > Logo & Branding.
2. You can set your First Booking Date to be active by going to Settings > App Settings > First Booking Date. If you check off the first booking date is active option, pick a fixed date and then choose your opening day and click SAVE then none of your clients will be able to book in with you before your opening date.
3. You can add some additional details about the new rules/procedures to your confirmation emails by going to Manage > Notifications and clicking on "Confirmation Email."
4. Consider adding extra time to your services or setting up new services such as "Sanitized Haircut" and make sure to uncheck any services your providers are no longer offering due to safety concerns.
On top of this, you'll want to hide services that are not offered to clients for the time being by going to the Manage > Services, clicking on the 3 dots next to the service and then clicking on "Settings." From there, you can check off "Hidden from Clients" and click save.
5. If your new timing is drastically different, you can go to Settings > App Settings > Time Settings to choose a new time slot option (e.g. 45 minute time slots for haircuts that are now 45 minutes)
If some of your staff are going to be taking a little longer with their services you can go to Manage > Providers and then click on the 3 dots next to the provider and click on Settings. You can set a custom time slot for the staff member based on the length of their prime service and then go to Service Overrides to adjust the timings of the services offered by the staff member.
We have launched a little upgrade that will let you move services by divisions of your time slot while your clients can only book slots based on your prime time settings.
6. For notifying people of the new rules you can use our waiver option which you can access by going to Settings > App Settings > Bookings. Turn on the waiver option and then you can go to Manage > Waiver to enter all of your new rules. You can also choose to append the waiver to the confirmation email and you can mention that you've got a waiver that covers the rules in the check out process.
In the next week we will be launching an update to append the waiver to the reminder emails so that clients are aware of the new rules.
Day To Day Management Tips:
1. The Pager feature is going to help clients know when you are ready for them to come in if the front door is locked. To use this feature you can click on an appointment, click on the Actions button and then click on Page Client. Doing this will notify the client via email or push notification that you're ready for them to come in. For clients with All Text, Everything we will notify the client via text if this is something they've selected.
2. You can adjust your notifications as needed if clients are not following the rules properly.
Other Things To Consider:
1. Adding QR codes to your front desk area or doors to let clients scan a link to download the Resurva App from Google Play or the Apple Apple Store. Having the app will help them stay up to date with notifications and make rebooking easier for them.
2. Having clients prepay is an option but not necessary if you have a contactless payment option at the shop.
3. If you want to work extra hours, you can set up another provider who precharges for those appointments with a premium price. This will help you service clients who miss out on day bookings make an appointment after hours.